Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Philippians 3:1-11

It's Time to Boast!

Here is Philippians 3 Paul wants people to know the importance of knowing Christ(Not in a physical sense but in the sense of having a personal relationship with Christ). Paul tells us to watch out for those people who do evil and claim that because they have done this or that they are at the top of the Christian latter. Read what Paul has to say about all that he has done for Christ and where that puts him.

Philippians 3:3-8 (NLT)-"...We put no confidence in human effort, though I could have confidence in my own effort if anyone could. Indeed, if others have reasons for confidence in their own efforts, I have even more! I was circumcised when I was eight days old. I am a pure-blooded citizen of Israel and a member of the tribe of Benjamin--a real Hebrew if there ever was one! I was a member of the Pharisees, who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law. I was so zealous that I harshly persecuted the church. And as for righteousness, I obeyed the law without fault. I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ."

With all that Paul had done for Christ and spreading the gospel message if he had nothing to boast about except that Christ was Lord and had saved him through the blood of Christ, where does that put us? Here is the real problem. Why is it that in church or in life continue to compare ourselves to other people? I realize that there are some people who look up to me as some type of super spiritual figure and leader of the church, and I except that (no I'm not boasting trust me). I hope that in all I preach and lead that people can see that I am not better or worse than anyone else. I have my own problems that God continues to work with me on. The deal is that everyday that God allows me to preach the gospel message, is a blessing from God himself. God continues to amaze me with what he can do with a broken and beat up vessel like me. To Him be all glory, honor, and praise forever!

No comments: