Sunday, December 4, 2011

Neither Hot nor Cold

Scripture:
"I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth." (Revelation 3:15-16)

Observation:
There is no place for the person who's work is barren or is not producing fruit. At least if you are cold it's easy to realize this fact and make the necessary changes in order to become hot.

Application:
This passage reminds me that you can tell if you are hot, cold, or lukewarm by the fruit that you produce. I need to be out preaching the gospel and evangelizing not only in spoken words but also by the life that I live not only in church but in the community in which I live, so that I don't find my life cold or lukewarm (content with the day to day that life brings).

Prayer:
Father help me to prioritize my life, that I might be found on fire for you.
In Jesus name, Amen

No comments: