Monday, November 5, 2007

Jeremiah 3-5

Let me start by saying I hope that everyone enjoyed worshipping together and I pray for those who were unable to attend a service yesturday, that everything is ok! Let me just say that when I write it is for more than just the people of Lake Christian Church (LCC) in Palmyra, VA. I believe and know that the God you and I servce is much larger than the small towns or even the big cities that you and I live in. So it's my prayer that this journal will somehow make a difference in your life, because it makes a huge difference in mine.

Jeremiah 3-5
God is revealing to Jeremiah the impending destruction that He is sending on Israel and Judah. It's cool to me how God uses some illustration to describe what is going on and what will happen as God is writing this he knows that on Monday, November 5 that I would be reading this and need some help understanding exactly what is going on so He used illustrations that I would understand to convey exactly what has happen and how faw Israel and Judah have fallen away from Him. God is cool!!
As I was reading about this I learned a little bit more about what exactly was going on. You see there were two different kingdoms of Israel at this time. Israel which was the northern kingdom and Judah which was the southern kingdom. God is wondering why don't the people of Judah get what is going on and turn back to God. Judah had just watched Israel fall to the Assyrians. God had allowed the Assyrians to overtake Israel because Israel had turned their backs on God, now Judah is doing the exact same thing and yet they are failing to turn back to God. Sometimes people just don't get it. Then I think about us, as people living today we have it even worse and we have watched (in the Bible) all of the kingdoms fall because they turned their backs on God yet we continue as a people and a nation to do the same things. God must get frustrated!

GN--Jeremiah 5:1--"Run up and down every street in Jerusalem, says the Lord. Look high and low; search throughout the city! If you can find even one just and honest person, I will not destroy the city."

Let me close with this. Many times people will say how can the God of the Bible be a loving God when He destroyed entire cities. To answer this just look at Jeremiah 5:1 God would have spared the entire city if he could have found one honest person, not a hundred, or a thousand, and God wanted was one person. I believe that this is also a lesson to us that God doesn't need the biggest and best, he just needs the committed!

Will you be committed in your walk today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THEY JUST NEED TO THROW THAT ROCK DOWN AND JUST PRAY.... WELL ANYWAYS I THINK THAT WE SHOULD DO THAT ONE TIME IN CHURCH CLASS. JUST THE TEENS AND JUST MAKE SURE THAT EVERY IS BROKEN NO MATTER HOW PRETTY AND PERFECT YOU ARE. WE ARE ALL BROKEN AND MESSED UP... OKAY CHRIS I HAVE TO GO NOW AND I HOPE THAT YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY AT WORK AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING... OKAY LOVE YA ALWAYS KAYLA <><