Friday, September 12, 2008

Is this me?

Isaiah 26:9

Ok, today's thought should be kinda brief but I believe that you will get the point and this should be challenging at least it was to me as I read this on my daily Bible box of my Facebook.

Isaiah 26:9--"My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness."

Wow, do I yearn for God? Does my spirit long for God? Well I can answer that question quite simply as NO, not always. Here is where I am, yes sometimes I am really on fire for God and I believe that I yearn and long for God, but I'm not always like that. I know that this may be hard to read, it's even hard to write that I'm not always sitting in my office reading my Bible and praying, or seeking some lost person out to share the gospel with them. I know where this comes from. Sin has completely destroyed our relationship with God who is Holy and perfect, therefore because we continue to look to the world to provide some since of satisfaction or excitement then we fail to yearn and long after God. Now by no means am I saying that God is not satisfying or exciting, I believe that there is nothing more satisfying or exciting than God to our spirit, but so often we allow our flesh to think for us.

Ok, on to the second part of the verse, not much to say about this. When God's judgements come to the earth then we definitely learn righteousness. We don't always like learning righteousness and it doesn't always put us in a great position but it is righteous none the less.

So today this verse has turned into a prayer for my life, that my soul would yearn for God today, and that my spirit would long for God as well. I guess this could be a prayer for each and every day that the yearning and longing would continue to grow stronger and stronger.

No comments: