Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ruled by Society?

James 2:1-4--"My dear friends, don't let public opinion influence how you live out our glorious, Christ-originated faith. IF a man enters your church wearing an expensive suit, and a street person wearing rags comes in right after him, and you say to the man in the suit, 'Sit here sir; this is the best seat in the house!' and either ignore the street person or say, 'Better sit here in the back row,' haven't you segregated God's children and proved that you are judges who can't be trusted?" (The Message).
Here is where I'm going with this. "don't let public opinion influence how you live out our glorious, Christ-originated faith." I have heard lots of comments made over the past couple of months from people like "why did you use that version of the Bible?" to "I believe you could be a really good preacher if you stopped joking around so much?" or "why did you do that event?" Listen I believe that I have prayed over every event and message that I am a part of. I also believe that God gave me a since of humor to laugh. I believe for far to long we have allowed "public opinion" dictate the way that we "live out our glorious Christ-originated faith." I guess today's thought is more of a warning in a warning. First if someone brings something to your attention don't just turn your nose up at it, ask yourself have you prayed about this and feel this is really what God is asking you to do? The second thing is once you have prayed and spent time with God about something you are trying to do in your life, don't let others diminish the power of God, and therefore keep you from living out out the "glorious, Christ-originated faith" that God has given to all of us!

IN HIM <><

No comments: