Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Marriage and Christianity

Ok, so what you are about to read I took from the "Bridge" handout that Brian (our minister) put in your bulletin a couple of weeks ago. I believe that this will help you in the way that things work as far as salvation, especially since we have been talking about this a lot in the past couple of weeks. I hope that this helps! Please if you have any questions please call me or if it is more comfortable for you leave comments and we will chat!

COVENANT OF MARRIAGE

This relationship begins with a special kind of love that says, "I've found the one I've been looking for."

This love responds by...

Deciding to submit myself to the other's best interest.

"You first"

Telling others of the decision made.

Wedding Ceremony

*Giving the oath of allegiance
*An end and a beginning
*Leaving the single life for a shared life.

Now, you can't just sit back and do nothing! You need to get to know your mate better and better. Te depth and quality of the relationship will be determined by the amount of effort exerted at this point.

COVENANT WITH CHRIST

This relationship begins with a faith that says, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

This faith responds by...

Deciding to submit myself to Jesus' best interest; repentance.

"You First"

Telling others of the decision made; public confession.

Baptism is to the covenant of Christ what the wedding is to the covenant of marriage:

*The oath of allegiance
*An end and a beginning
*Leaving the "self" life for a shared life.

Now, you can't just sit back and do nothing! You need to get to know God better and better. The depth and quality of the relationship will be determined by the amount of effort exerted at this point.

IN HIM <><

No comments: