Thursday, May 8, 2008

Jeremiah 9

As I continue to work my way through Jeremiah (which I hope that some of you are as well), I am continually amazed at how Israel has the same problems that you and I deal with. The people have become a vile people who seek other gods and do whatever it is that satisfies them for the time being. The people pursue those things that may make them famous or huge in the worlds eyes, but they fail to realize that while God is concerned about their achievements that their achievements are not the ultimate goal.

Jeremiah 9:23-24--"This is what the LORD says: Don't let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches. But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the LORD who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things. I, the LORD, have spoken!"

I believe that John Maxwell got it right in his new Leadership Bible: p.920 There are two types of things:

The Ultimate
1. God is the Source.
2. He provides a life.
3. Spiritual things are the end.

The Immediate
1. The others are a resource.
2. These provide a living.
3. Material things are a means to an end.

I need to do the immediate things but in doing the immediate make sure that I don't forget the ultimate!

IN HIM,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY MAN! SEE I TOLD YOU THAT I WOULD READ THE POST. AND WRITE IT..LOL OKAY JUST LETTING YOU KNOW THAT I HAVE ALOT ON MY MIND AND I DONT CARE IF PEOPLE READ OR SEE THAT I DO CARE AND THAT I WANT EVERYONE TO BE HAPPY THAT THEY CAN COME TO ME AND THEN I'LL LISTEN TO THEM.

IM SO GLAD THAT YOU ARE A ROLE MODEL IN MY LIFE. I JUST WANT TO KNOW MORE AND MORE OF WHAT GOD HAS IN STORE WITH ME. (EVEN THOUGH THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BLOG) OKAY

MAY GOD BLESS YOU
KAYLA