Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Way It Is

Jeremiah 11

Jeremiah went out on a limb and had to tell the people the message that God had given him. The message, a simple one that the people were to obey God.
Jeremiah 11:8--"But they did not listen or pay attention; instead, they followed the stubbornness of their evil hearts. So I brought on them all the curses of the covenant I had commanded them to follow but that they did not keep.'"
After Jeremiah proclaims this message the people get hostile and plot against Jeremiah, fortunately, Jeremiah had learned to take a bold stand for the Lord even in the face of opposition. I believe that there are some times in life that we need to stop beating around the bush and tell people the way it is. Why is it in the Church we can't call a spade a spade?, or point out what people are doing is wrong? Trust me I have had enough times in my life where I could have used someone telling me just the way that it is, and show me that God still loves and cares about me but He does call me to quit doing whatever it is that is taking me away from His covenant. Maybe we should start telling it the way that it is and like Jeremiah just learn to be bold in the face of opposition.

IN HIM,

No comments: