Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Nation That Wouldn't Obey God

Jeremiah 7

Wow, I believe that the title says it all. Here in Jeremiah's day the people would not obey God and I would say that we are in the same situation (myself included). God gives Jeremiah a message to give to the people about how they are acting and when I read this today it really hit me hard. Let me just share a part of it with you.

Jeremiah 7 (selection from the Message)

"Get smart! Your leader are handing you a pack of lies, and you're swallowing them! Use your heads! Do you think you can rob and murder, have sex with the neighborhood wives, tell lies nonstop, worship the local gods, and buy every novel religious commodity on the market--and then march into this Temple, set apart for my worship, and say, 'We're safe!' thinking that the place itself gives you a license to go on with all this outrageous sacrilege? A cave full of criminals! Do you think you can turn this Temple, set apart for my worship, into something like that? Well, think again. I've got eyes in my head. I can see what's going on." God's Decree!

Well I believe that sums it up for me. Why is it that we think that just because we walk into some Church building that we are going to be different or that God doesn't notice what we do. it's awesome how the Bible is so relevant to us today!!!


IN HIM,

No comments: