Saturday, May 10, 2008

Stick Makers

Jeremiah 10

After reading Jeremiah 10 I couldn't help but to think of all things that we put in God's place. I believe in my own life there are some things that stay that I am always fighting and then at other times there are things that come and go that take my attention away from God. Recently the men of our Church did a prayer walk together and we talked about the static on a T.V. and how our lives are filled with so much other stuff that we fail to be able to slow down and see God. We fail to realize that all those things that we put in God's place will never last.

Jeremiah 10 (message)--"Their gods are frauds--dead sticks, deadwood gods, tasteless jokes. When the fires of judgment come, they'll be ashes."

You and I can be like the Israelites and continue to be stick makers but we must realize that God will destroy all those stick gods! Are you making a stick today?

IN HIM ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW... You Changed The Blog Around... Im Confussed... :)

Amanda

Chris said...

Change is a good thing.

Anonymous said...

WELL. IT CAN ALSO BE A BAD THING